The Secret Agent Society (SAS) Program uses exciting games and group activities to improve the social skills and emotional understanding of 8 to 12 year olds with High-Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs), including Aspergers Syndrome. This program can also be used for kids and teens presenting with anxiety. This comprehensive program helps therapists improve children’s emotional understanding and social skills by teaching them:
- How to recognise simple and complex emotions in themselves and others.
- How to express feelings in appropriate ways.
- How to cope with feelings of anger and anxiety.
- How to start, continue and end conversations and play activities with others.
- How to tell the difference between friendly joking and mean teasing.
- How to manage bullying.
- How to cope with making mistakes.
- How to handle new situations and ask for help when needed.
- How to make friends.
For more information: www.sst-institute.net/au
The next SAS program offered at Crisalida is likely to be early in 2014, and Crisalida is currently registering possible participant names/details. We will have a free information session for all interested parents in late 2013 or early 2014, and then will decide on a ‘group’ depending on the best developmental fit. This is an intensive and comprehensive 12 week program, and runs over 2 terms, with follow up sessions months later. SAS requires both parents and children to fully commit to sessions, homework and school ‘missions’ to get the best out of the program.