Mental Health Links
- Beyond Blue
- NEAMI National
- Black Dog Institute
- SANE Helpline (T: 1800 187 263; Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm) provides information about symptoms, treatments, and medications.
Youth Specific Mental Health Links
- Orygen Youth Health
- eheadspace (T: 1800 650 890; 9am – 1am everyday) is a confidential, free and anonymous secure space where those aged between 12 and 25 can chat, email, or speak with qualified youth mental health professionals.
- ReachOut provides young people with information, help, support, advice and connections they need to manage mental health difficulties.
- Lifeline (T: 13 11 14; 24 hours everyday) provides crisis support and suicide prevention services.
- Kids Help Line (T: 1800 55 1800; 24 hours everyday) is a private and confidential telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged between five and 25.
- SuicideLine (T: 1300 651 251; 24 hours everyday) offers professional, anonymous support and information to anyone affected by suicide across Victoria.
- MensLine (T: 1300 789 978; 24 hours everyday) is a professional telephone and online support, information and referral service, helping men to deal with relationship problems in a practical and effective way.
- OTARC (Olga Tennison Autism Research Centre, La Trobe University)
- Amaze (Austism Victoria)
- Amaze Autism Information Booklet
- Social skills Training Institute
- Custom Weighted Blanket Supplier
Art Therapy, Art Projects and Music Programs
- Australian and New Zealand Arts Therapy Association
- Budget Family Art Projects
- Busyfeet Boroondara (BFB)- is a dance and movement class for children with disabilities. It is run by Rotary clubs and in BFB’s case it is run by the Rotary Clubs of Canterbury and Camberwell. It is a free activity for children and each child has a one on one volunteer carer to help them with the dance steps. Run by volunteers at BFB who all hold working with children cards. Term 1 2017 classes start again on 1st February 2017 at the Youth Services Centre, 360 Burwood Road, Hawthorn. Class starts at 4.30pm. For more details and registration go to www.busyfeet.org.au or email email@example.com
- the line (T: 1800 695 463) is a resource directed towards promoting healthy and respectful relationships.
Drug Rehab Support www.drugrehab.com
An organisation that provides information and answers for people fighting addiction.
Some local, family and diversity-friendly GPs
- Thomastown Physiotherapy – Paediatric physiotherapists work with children and their families to improve the child’s ability to move and participate in all the things they need to do, like playing, learning, going to school, and being part of a family and community.