What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational Therapists assess and treat the occupational and functional implications of health problems from a developmental and holistic perspective. They consider the needs of the person in the context of family, peers, educational setting and/or the workplace. An Occupational Therapist may assess the occupational, biomechanical, cognitive, sensory-motor, intra-personal and inter-personal functioning of a child, adolescent or adult. Occupational Therapy is an evidence based profession.
Assessment and intervention focusing on increasing capacity for participation in the occupational roles, routines, and tasks of family, school or work life. Assessments may involve both standardized developmental and functional assessments and interviewing, as well as experienced Clinical Observations. Interventions may include individual, family and/or group therapy.
Occupational Therapists at Crisalida work with babies, children, adolescents, families and adults. Many of the Occupational Therapists at Crisalida are Registered Mental Health Providers with Medicare and registered with private health insurance funds.
Occupational Therapy services provided at Crisalida may include:
- Developmental Assessment/Intervention – fine motor, gross motor, sensory processing, handwriting
- Autism/Aspergers Syndrome Assessment/Intervention, as part of a Team Assessment with Speech Pathologist/Psychologist
- Functional Assessments for children, adolescents and adults
- School, University or Workplace Consultation/Training as requested
- Sensory-motor Therapy and home/school programs to improve co-ordination skills and/or handwriting
- Self-regulation education and training – emotional, attentional and behavioural regulation; stress management; relaxation training
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Counselling – a safe place to develop realistic goals, problem-solve strategies and improve confidence and self-mastery
- Social Skills Groups for preschoolers, primary/secondary school children/adolescents and adults – see Group Therapy Services below for more details
- Training/Education Sessions and Workshops for Schools, other professionals, and/or parents
- Professional Supervision to other Occupational Therapists
Group Therapy Sessions – see Group Therapy Services for details
NB. Reduced fees may be negotiable for health care card holders.
REBATES: Private Health Insurance Funds may provide partial rebates. Medicare Rebates may be applicable if a Medical Practitioner (GP, Paediatrician or Psychiatrist) refers to Crisalida and relevant therapist – either a Mental Health Plan (individual and/or group therapy), Autism Plan or Enhanced Care Plan, as determined appropriate by you and referrer. Please book a double session with GP to enable time for paperwork to be completed.
CANCELLATION POLICY: 100% cancellation fee if less than 24 hours notice give. Medicare and FaHCSIA do not cover cancellation fees.