Psychodrama is a profound way to look at life with all its beauty, bumps and hairy bends. When we see ourselves and others with generosity we can approach life with more confidence. When we see the truth in a difficult situation the clarity can be liberating and our capacity for change gets stronger. Psychodrama is an approach that enables life to be faced with more creativity and spontaneity.
Psyche relates to the spirit or mind, while a drama relates to the stories experienced in every day life. By integrating thinking, feeling and behaviour, the psychodramatic approach enables people to express themselves relevantly in the ordinary here and now situations in which they live and work. This expression of self is responsive and creative, it brings joy to the human spirit, uplifts the soul and enables an experience of closeness and belonging.
Psychodrama Services at Crisalida:
- Individual and group sessions
- Review your current life situations, your concerns and interests
- Review the past, social networks and cultural context
- Generate new perspectives on particular events or situations
- Enlarge perceptions of yourself and others
- Develop fresh responses to entrenched relationship dynamics
- Recognise patterns of interaction and interpersonal dynamics
- Investigate both the formal and informal relationship networks
- Recognise your collective functioning and make informed decisions and integrate changes
- Prepare for future situations in which you wish to function with a greater degree of flexibility, vitality and immediacy
- Bring together action, insight and ‘here and now’ experience as you engage with life
- Consider and constructively work through the dynamics of your life in different groups
Group Therapy Sessions – see Group Therapy Services for details.