Occupational therapists assess and treat the occupational and functional implications of health problems from a developmental and holistic perspective. They consider the needs of the person in the context of family, peers, educational setting and/or the workplace. An occupational therapist may assess the occupational, biomechanical, cognitive, sensory-motor, intra-personal and inter-personal functioning of a child, adolescent or adult. Occupational therapy is an evidence-based profession.
Assessment and intervention focuses on increasing participation in occupational roles, routines, and tasks required for family, school and work.
Assessments involve standardised, developmental and functional assessments, interviewing, and clinical observations. Interventions may include individual, family and/or group therapy.
Occupational therapists at Crisalida work with babies, children, adolescents, families and adults. Many of the occupational therapists at Crisalida are Registered Mental Health Providers with Medicare and with private health insurance funds.
The Seuss Room is the best!
Crisalida Occupational Therapy Services
- Developmental assessment/intervention – fine and gross motor, sensory processing, handwriting
- Autism Spectrum assessment/intervention, as part of a team assessment with speech pathologist/psychologist
- Functional sssessments for children, adolescents and adults
- School, university or workplace consultation/training as requested
- Sensory-motor therapy and home/school programs to improve co-ordination skills and/or handwriting
- Self-regulation education and training – emotional, attentional and behavioural regulation; stress management; relaxation training
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Counselling – a safe place to develop realistic goals, problem-solve strategies and improve confidence and self-mastery
- Social skills groups for preschoolers, primary/secondary school children/adolescents and adults – seeGroup Therapy Services for more details
- Training/education sessions and workshops for schools, other professionals, and/or parents
- Professional supervision to other occupational therapists
Group Therapy Sessions – see Group Therapy Services for details
NB. Reduced fees may be negotiable for health care card holders.