Psychologists assess and treat individuals presenting with a range of social, emotional and psychological (mental) health issues. They consider the needs of the person in the context of the family, educational setting, and/or workplace and develop therapeutic strategies and tools to help clients alter their thoughts, feelings and behaviour. The goals of psychological assessment and therapy are unique for each client, and are developed by the client and therapist in collaboration. Psychologists may assess and treat the cognitive, emotional, psychological, intra-personal and interpersonal functioning of the child, adolescent or adult.
Assessments may involve standardised, structured tools and interviewing, as well as experienced Clinical Observation. Interventions are evidence-based and may include individual, family and/or group therapy.
Psychology Services at Crisalida
Psychologists at Crisalida work with children, adolescents, families and adults. All Psychologists at Crisalida are Registered Mental Health providers with Medicare and registered with private health insurance funds.
Clinical Psychology services for adolescents, adults, children and families provided at Crisalida may include:
- Clinical Psychiatric Assessment of chronic and acute mental health issues, including depression, anxiety, dysthymia, psychotic disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorders, adjustment difficulties/disorders, and personality issues/disorders
- Individual Psychotherapy and/or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for the above conditions
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- Counselling: individual assistance to develop realistic goals, problem-solve strategies and improve confidence, self-esteem and general functioning
- Group therapy for adolescents presenting with similar issues and goals
- School, University or Workplace Consultation/Training as required
- Psychiatric Consultation with Primary Care Providers
Developmental Psychology services for children, adolescents, adults and families provided at Crisalida may include:
- Developmental Assessments, including structured and non-structured assessment and observation and interviewing
- Autism/Aspergers Syndrome Assessments, as part of Team Assessment with Speech Pathologist/Occupational Therapist
- Cognitive/Educational Assessments for children/adolescents
- Parent support/therapy
- School Consultation/Training as requested
- Individual therapy for anxiety, depression, adjustment problems, trauma, grief and loss, social skills difficulties,
family separation difficulties